Tuesday, March 23, 2010

DOLPA!!!

Yes! Jake (volunteer from Australia, who is going to Dolpa with me) and I got our permits today! We were worried the placement in Dolpa may not work out. All is well, we leave tomorrow morning taking a bus to Nepalgunj, this is a 14 hour bus ride and then we stay overnight in Nepalgunj. In the morning on Thursday, we will take a flight to Jhupal, Dolpa. So two intense days of travel and Jake and I will be in Dolpa. Phew!
The placement in Dolpa is at a primary school, mainly we will be teaching English but with the higher level grade 1 students there are opportunities to teach other subjects. I am really excited, but also nervous. I hope the students listen to me and understand what I am saying. Fingers crossed all will go well. I taking with me some easy and fun lessons, so hopefully thos will also come in handy.
I will have internet hit-or-miss while I am in Dolpa, so I will be updating my blog weekly. Well I am off to pack and then Jake, Sam, Alicia, and I are having Jake and my "last meal" (dhal bhat for 3 weeks....ugh!) at the Hyatt tonight! Until Next Time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Edith, my grandmother goes to church with your dad. He gave me your blog address, because I've been to Nepal 4 times and also studied Nepali at UofWisconsin. My last trip was in October, I took a group of nurses (I'm a nurse at U of M) to a remote health clinic. Anyway, it's so fun reading about your experience, it brings back my first experience in the village of Bistachaap, where I volunteered in an orphanage. Good luck! Namaste!

    ReplyDelete