Thursday, March 18, 2010

Here I go AGAIN....Ranting!

Even though I LOVED Chauturali, there were some things that I wish were different...like running water would have been phenomenal or maybe not living in a house with dirt floors, we won't even go there about the squat toliet. BUT! What I really want to complain about is the all the yacking! I know that I have discussed this topic in previous blogs, but I had only seen the tip of the iceberg because I had only experienced the modest Kathmandu yack. Now the rural yacking that took place in the remote village of Chauturali was something of a competitive art form. Honestly! If hacking loogies was an olympic sport, the rural Nepali men AND women would win the gold medal EVERYTIME! Not only did everyone yack professionally in Chauturali, but the grandfather of my host family had some congestive lung issues. This meant he was a seasoned veteran in projected his mucus from within. His yacking was especially noticeable at night, and evidently he quite often kept the whole neighborhood up....according to my nurse (my neighbor). He almost seemed to draw out the yacking part either emphasis his talent or get the most mucus up as possible, I honestly think it was the latter. I truly did feel bad for Bh-wa (grandfather), because if I was awake due to his yacking then so was he....poor guy. But no one else in Chauturali had the excuse of an medical issue to excuse their disgusting projectile yacking. In closing, I apologize if you chose to read this blog while enjoying your lunch or just before preparing dinner, because I am now certain you have lost your appetite. Next time please do not read ranting blogs pre-consumption of food...unless you are dieting, because I am sure with 3 more months in Nepal I will have to complain about the yacking several more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment