Friday, February 26, 2010

My Rant about Nepal

I know what you are thinking, oh here is comes Carlyn's got something on her mind and she is going to let it have it. I bet you are wondering what my rant about Nepal could be...maybe the government, the power shortage, or maybe it is ALL the garbage and the dirty dusty EVERYTHING. But if that is what you are thinking you all are wrong. My rant is simple and I believe it is a common courtesy of most Westerners that I have TOTALLY taken for granted.
It is all the spitting. Well you can't even call it spitting, because it is really (for lack of a better word) hacking loogies. Yes! EVERYONE, young and old, beautiful and ugly, intelligent and NOT....almost all of them snort up their snot and then hack it out spitting it indiscriminately out on the ground where ever they deem appropriate. You would think well if you don't see it happen, its not that bad. No, no, no...Its not just the sight, it is the sound. It hear it coming and you just pray as you walk by some sweet old lady or a beautiful young girl, that their loogies doesn't land on you!
So now that you know, everytime I walk down the street in Nepal some part of me is living in fear of a loogie being hacked on to me. I want you to appreciate the freedom to go anywhere in the states without having to succumb to someone else's mucus. Feel the freedom for me.
Thank you!
By the way, no photos will be attached to this blog due to its content :).

No comments:

Post a Comment